The Okolona Municipal Separate School District will conduct registration for the 2020 – 2021 school year beginning Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - Friday, July 24, 2020. Registration will be held at Okolona Middle/ High Gym for students in grades 6 - 12. Registration will be held in the Okolona Elementary Entrance for students in grades K – 5. Masks will be required to be worn in the buildings during registration. In efforts to reduce traffic and assist us with social distancing, we will also conduct registration online. You can contact the school to receive your child(ren) code. A tutorial will be posted on various media platforms including, the district’s website at https://www.okolona.k12.ms.us/ . You will need to contact your child(s) specific school to obtain the registration code for online registration. We will also have the option of in person registration on specific days based on students last names as noted on the schedule below:
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 A - I 10 AM – 6 PM Thursday, July 23, 2020 J – R 10 AM – 6 PM Friday, July 24, 2020 S - Z 9 AM – 5 PM
MDE granted a waiver on residency requirements for SY 20-21; however, the parents of returning students will need to sign an “Attestation of Residency” verifying that students reside at the same home as last school year. Kindergarten and new students have to provide the following:
▪ One (1) Proof of Residency (Mortgage, Lease, Deed or Homestead)
▪ Two (2) Current Utility Bills from current or previous month (Water, Gas, or Electric) (Must be Current, at least within the last 30 days) and Driver’s License or MS Identification Card (PO BOX’s will not be accepted as addresses)
▪ Original Birth Certificate (Kindergarten and New Students Only)
▪ Child’s updated immunization record marked complete for school entry (Mississippi Immunization 121 Form)
▪ All 7th grade students will need to submit TDAP Immunization documentation.
Please be informed that for the 2020-2021 SY students will be required to pay a $25 Technology Fee, which can be paid at registration. Parents will have to sign an Acceptable Use Agreement, Technology Usage/ Loan Receipt, and a Damage and Loss Form before equipment can be issued. Chromebooks can be picked up at your child’s school beginning, August 6, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the following:
LaKeisha Ivy, Counselor, OMS and OHS at 662-447-2362
Tessa Honeycutt, Counselor, at OES, at 662-447-5406